Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Back From Safari

We have returned back from our safari trip to Tanzania last evening safe and sound. 17 hour fights can wear you out but had a 4 hour layover in Amsterdam which helped getting back in tune with market happenings over the last 24 hours as I was completely out of touch with the markets while away.

What I can say is that if you have the opportunity to go on safari I would highly recommend it. There are not enough adjectives to describe the beauty, the vastness, and the tranquility of it all. Tanzania is a truly beautiful country. We were treated exceptionally and met some wonderful new friends, like out guides Roman, Solatay, Lucas and Daniel. Jambo fellas ! (Swahili for hello).

We have tons of pictures of which I will attempt to post some of the more interesting ones over time.

While I was away, I was stopped out of my 2 units short position on KB Home at $28.15. Small loss given the cost of $25.55

I was also stopped out of my 5 units short ultrashort Dow position at $53.55 again for a loss of 2.55 per unit. Given the low trade that day was $53.50 only to reverse and head back up is extremely frustrating. I will be watching for a chance to get back involved with this trade. Stops can be extremely frustrating but they are mandatory to your financial survival !

I will have some charts and thoughts later today. Good trading to you all.


Open Positions:

Long 5 units Currencyshares Japanese Yen ticker FXY @ $87.54 stop at $91.40
Short 2 units of Deutsche Bank ticker DB @ $119.85 stop at $119.40
Short 1 unit of Bear Stearns ticker BSC @ $89.60 stop at $95.70

No comments: