Friday, September 19, 2008

Getting Short the Dow and S&P

I am getting long 2 units each of SDS and DXD on this pollyannic pop today. I am long 2 units SDS here at $61.70 and am long 2 units of DXD at $57.80. Suffice to say I have no faith in this rally.

My apologies for the shortness of the post and lack of charts as I am on vaction.

Good speculating to you all and never forget that "an investor is a speculator who made a mistake and will not admit it".

Open Positions:
Long 2 units of Ultrashort S&P ticker SDS @ 61.75 stop at $57.69
Long 2 units of Ultrashort Dow ticker DXD @ $57.85 stop at $53.79
Short 1 unit Int'l Bus Machines ticker IBM @ $129.05 stop at $126.36
Short 2 units of Apple ticker AAPL @ $178.05 stop at $177.76
Short 2 units Salesforce.com ticker CRM @ $56.05 stop at $60.62
Long 2 units Hecla Mining ticker HL @ $5.20 stop at $3,89

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the vacation -- a well deserved rest and break!

Sean

Hard Right said...

Good luck, man. I'm hoping for a gap up on Monday. I'll then join you in Shortsville until Cox bans all short sales like they did in China.

Imagine that. Our Government is now taking investment advice from the Communist Chinese.

Harleydog said...

HR,

yes, imagine that. Ban on short selling didn't stop Chinese market from dropping over 60%.

HD