Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Getting Short the Long Bond

I am prepared to test the water this morning getting short the long end of the US bond market. I will use the Ultrashort Lehman 20yr treasury ticker TBT. For those inclined you can short the ishares Lehman 20yr treasury ticker TLT straight up.

I am long 1 unit of TBT here at $61.60 with a stop at TLT $98.41

I am having tech trouble getting a chart posted on this but I will do so as soon as I can.


Good speculating to you all and never ever forget that "an investor is a speculator who made a mistake and will not admit it".

Open Positions:
Long 1 unit Ultrashort Lehman 20yr treasury ticker TBT @ $61.70 stop at TLT $98.41
Short 1 unit Fedex ticker FDX @ $87.25 stop $91.02
Short 1 unit Int'l Bus Machines ticker IBM @ $129.05 stop at $126.36
Short 2 units of Apple ticker AAPL @ $178.05 stop at $177.76
Short 2 units Salesforce.com ticker CRM @ $56.05 stop at $60.62

2 comments:

Richard said...

Yes, it seems like a good idea to me.

Corporations should go long DXKSX as part of their wealth preservation strategy

Harleydog said...

Richard,

I sure hope so, but a tight stop lossis our insurance policy, something the hedge funds and bankers out there should have as well.

HD