Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Short a Final Unit of Apollo.

APOL is now into the gap created last Friday as it has broken that day's low of $84.50. As per my prior notes, I have shorted my 3rd and final unit upon this break at $84.40.

For as Jesse Livermore always counselled; "it was never my thinking that made me the big money, it was my sitting, got that!"

And so I shall sit.


Good speculating to you all and never forget that "an investor is a speculator who made a mistake and will not admit it".

Open Positions:
Long 2 units Ultrashort MSCI EAFE ticker EFU @ $89.80 stop at $89.80
Long 1 unit Ultrashort Financials ticker SKF @ $102.60 stop @ $102.60
Long 1 unit Ultrashort S&P500 ticker SDS @ $66.15 stop @ $66.15
Long 2 units Ultrashort Real Estate ticker SRS @ $55.23 stops @ $54.75/$55.670
Short 1 unit Darden ticker DRI @ $27.70 stop @ $28.70
Short 3 units Apollo Group ticker APOL @ $85.36 stop @ $88.61

6 comments:

TheBoogieMan said...

Apollo looking good. I'm reading Jesse Livermore and right now I want to buy the film rights.

Harleydog said...

Boogie,

Yes APOL looking OK for now but that could change quickly hence my stop.

re: Reiminiscences read; might I suggest re-reading it on a regular basis, lest we forget his valuable admonitions.

thx for reading and taking time to drop me a note.

HD

Raj said...

Good call on APOL, HD. I chickened and covered @80. I have realized I am not going to be anywhere close to Jesse. Your blog is always worth reading especially your rants against the crooks running the show.

Harleydog said...

Raj,

thx for the note and your kind words. Ranting helps me stay sane and keep some equilibrium.

HD

Anonymous said...

Nice... masterfully done on the APOL trade!

Thank you so much for sharing your thought process as this trade developed. I am trying to learn how to trade (profitably, that is) and seeing how you approach your trades is invaluable to me.

Fred

Harleydog said...

Fred,

thx for reading and your kind words. as for masterfully, that is a strong word so lets be careful how we throw that around now! thx again.
Continued success to you.

HD