Friday, January 16, 2009

Wells Fargo - WFC


Friday last week I opened a post with the following statement;

"Is anyone out there paying attention to JP Morgan? ticker JPM. I suggest you might want to !"

Well this morning I would like to say; Is anyone out there paying attention to Wells Fargo, ticker WFC?

Yes that same Wells Fargo the Oracle of Omaho (re: Warren Buffett) likes. I humbly suggest to do pay attention to it's action, as not doing so could be extremely hazardous to your financial health. (20yr weekly chart above)


Good speculating to you all and never forget that "an investor is a speculator who made a mistake and will not admit it".

Open Positions:
Long 2 units Ultrashort MSCI EAFE ticker EFU @ $89.80 stop at $89.80
Long 1 unit Ultrashort Financials ticker SKF @ $102.60 stop @ $102.60
Long 1 unit Ultrashort S&P500 ticker SDS @ $66.15 stop @ $66.15
Long 2 units Ultrashort Real Estate ticker SRS @ $55.23 stops @ $54.75/$55.670
Short 1 unit Darden ticker DRI @ $27.70 stop @ $28.70
Short 3 units Apollo Group ticker APOL @ $85.36 stop @ $88.61
Short 1 unit of Mantech ticker MANT @ $56.80 stop @ $60.14

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just found your site. Do you post past performance for 2008 and 2007?

Harleydog said...

Anon,

No, I have not posted performance for 07/08 as I am not a fund nor am I peddling any services via performance.

I am a full time trader earning a living at this and started this blog as a way to organize my trading, as a journal so to speak.

This gives me a way to go back and look at my trades(mainly the losers as we learn more from losses than wins) and the thought process leading up. Kind of how athletes watch game film to get better.

I do post my trades in real time with stops so you can go back and look at my winners and losers.

thx much for reading and taking time to post a note.

HD

Raj said...

Hey Anon, HD always explains his trades and entry points. Just look at all the archived posts. He has made some great calls and provided some great directional thinking. But actually the real reason to check his blog is to read his rants on the CNBC pom pommers and Wall Street crooks. I enjoy them immensely and only hope some of the targets are shamed into doing the right thing (One can hope, right!) Just read his last 2 entries on the Paulson interview. Simply awesome. Great job, HD and please keep writing.