Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Constitution

It is funny how you ponder something then put it aside and then a short time later something subsequent comes along that happens to jog your memory of that prior item. Such as it is today with the following post over at Jesse's Americain Cafe.

The item, House Concurrent Resolution 6 being discussed by the New Hampshire legislature, which can be viewed in its entirety via the link above most certainly has done this for me.




Which leads me back to my earlier consideration. It happened on inauguration day. The item was the President taking his oath of office which read as follows;

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States."

That day I got to thinking about our current predicament and the potential unrest that could result from it. Articles like this, US Military Preparing for Domestic Disturbances detailing military preparations for unrest got me to thinking as it should everyone.

I hope the military members realize the significance of the oath of enlistment they took upon entering military service which reads as follows;

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

I also hope military officers realize and remember the significance of their oath upon commissioning which reads as follows;

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.


I understand the military must take orders from the President which is defacto the constitution as we all know his oath is to the Constitution first and foremost, but it is clear their allegiance is to the Constitution, which is the people and the flag.

What I most certainly do know is that they have no allegiance protecting the current crew of lying, bribe taking, thieves, thugs, tax cheats, and scum that wander the Halls of the House, the Senate and the Cabinet.

I truly hope the families who have brave sons, daughters, brothers, sisters, nephews, nieces, bothers-in-law, sisters-in-law, cousins, and grandchildren serving realize where their duties and loyalties lie and make sure they remind them in case they have forgotten.


Good speculating to you all and never forget that "an investor is a speculator who made a mistake and will not admit it".


Open Positions:
Long 2 units Ultrashort MSCI EAFE ticker EFU @ $89.80 stop at $89.80
Long 2 units Ultrashort S&P500 ticker SDS @ $69.80 stop @ $66.15
Long 1 unit Ultrashort Real Estate ticker SRS @ $51.30 stop @ $47.18
Long 1 unit Ultra Crude ticker UCO @ $10.60 stop @ $9.38
Long 1 unit US Gasoline fund ticker UGA $21.85 stop @ $19.58
Short 1 unit Darden ticker DRI @ $27.70 stop @ $28.70
Short 1 unit Wells Fargo ticker WFC @ $20.20 stop @ $22.43
Short 1 unit JP Morgan ticker JPM @ $27.35 stop @ $29.54
Short 2 units Morgan Stanley ticker MS @ $21.30 stop @ $23.82

No comments: