Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Short Goldman Sachs... yes, that Goldman Sachs



Back in school I used to pride myself on being a major contributor to the bell curve. The one who kept the others in line statistically, if you know what I mean. That said, know that I am fully aware that Goldman Sachs is the best of breed, I am fully aware that Goldman is the smartest and the brightest. I also know Goldman is a cess pool of business maggots that even a hardened exterminator would be repulsed by. You can examine any central banking roster, treasury department, or bank or broker to find them.

You can also enter a boardroom with AIG's fate hanging in the balance and find GS's CEO (Blankfein) sitting in the meeting. What would a Goldman CEO be doing in a meeting like that? Did I mention GS's had about 12 billion in exposure or in Blankfein's words, "immaterial exposure". Did I mention the cat appointed to run AIG was ex-Goldman. Did I mention the sitting treasury secretary at the time, Paulson, was ex-Goldman.

I have no problem with the best and the brightest. Many hate Duke basketball simply because they win. Well for me that is not enough as Coach K does it the right way. I get my hackles up, I get infuriated when it is done the WRONG WAY, and then the cheerleaders of Goldman refuse to admit what the dimmest among us can figure out.


All this personal baggage of mine aside I am getting short 1 unit of Goldman Sachs here at $118.45 with a stop at $121.86

Good speculating to you all and never forget that "an investor is a speculator who made a mistake and will not admit it".


Open Positions:
Long 1 unit Ultrashort Real Estate ticker SRS @ $27.05 stop @ $25.24
Short 1 unit Autozone ticker AZO @ 164.05 stop @ $167.11
Short 1 unit Amazon ticker AMZN @ $78.70 stop @ $80.31
Short 1 unit Aeropostale ticker ARO @ $29.85 stop @ $31.41
Short 1 unit Goldman Sachs ticker GS @ $118.35 stop @ $121.86

No comments: