Thursday, July 29, 2010

3-D World Yet More Evidence

Some anecdotal field reporting on our 3-D World. De-lever, deflate and depress.

Remember back in early May when I splurged and bought that Calloway Hyper X driver for $100 which originally went for $300?

Well, a few weeks back, addicted to the deal, I splurged at Dicks and bought my first hybrid club. I bought the Calloway Hyper X 3 hybrid which was regular priced at$180 and had been marked down to $75.

At the time I considered the Hyper X metal 3 wood 15 degree which was regular $225 and had been marked down to $149. I passed, much to the chagrin of my brother-in-law, happy with my new hybrid.

At the time my brother-in-law told me I was nuts not to buy that 3 wood. Well, yesterday I decided to take a run into Dicks for a peek. There I found that same Calloway Hyper X 15 degree 3 wood marked down to 100. I picked up the club and a sales rep walked by and says "I think that club is another 25% off, let me scan it to check".

Sure enough a $200 plus club for $75.

I know my math skills are nowhere near good enough to get me in the door at Goldman or on Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner's staff, except maybe as his accountant. Anyhow, according to my limited math, I paid just over $250 for 3 clubs, driver, 3 wood and 3 hybrid, a sum ess than my brother-in-law and many others paid for the Hyper X driver alone!

Can you spell deflation? Or in the least can you spell no pricing power? Six of one, half dozen of the other.

By the way did you happen to catch St. Louis Fed President James Bullard's comments earlier today?

Bullard had the nerve to warn that the Fed’s current policies were putting the American economy at risk of becoming


“enmeshed in a Japanese-style deflationary outcome within the next several years.”

To this I can only respond "Hello.... McFly"

Just watch all the other regional Fed presidents, past and present come out en mass, to circle the wagons and deflect criticism and obfuscate the truth. It is what they are good at.


Good speculating to you all and please remember to never forget that "an investor is a speculator who made a mistake and will not admit it".


Open Positions:
Long 1 unit Direxion Large Cap 3X Bear ticker BGZ @ $19.34
Long 2 units Direxion Small Cap 3X Bear ticker TZA @ $60.30
Long 1 unit Direxion Emerging Mkts 3X Bear ticker EDZ @ $60.50
Long 2 units Direxion Financial 3X Bear ticker FAZ @ $19.65
Long 2 units Ultrashort Xinhua China ticker FXP @ $42.45
Long 1 unit Ultrashort Real Estate ticker SRS @ $49.10
Long 2 units Direxion Tech 3X Bear ticker TYP @ $52.60
Long 1 unit US Dollar Bull ticker UUP @ $22.52 stop @ $22.52
Long 1 unit ishares Barclays 20yr Treas ticker TLT @ 92.15 stop @ $92.15
Long 1 unit ishares Barclays 20yr Treas ticker TLT @ 93.48 stop @ $93.48
Long 1 unit Ultrashort Gold ticker GLL @ $41.25 stop @ $41.19
Short 1 unit Apple ticker AAPL @ $275.20 stop @ $266.5

No comments: