Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Bonds via the TLT's

I thought it might be informative to take a monthly basis look at the bonds via the TLT's. The chart below shows primary movement highs (in orange) and the secondary reaction highs or correction highs if you like (in blue). Note the hilighted big volume bars were all up candles. Remember now, monthly basis and that counts for more....I think!


I have magnified the previous monthly basis chart to a 5 yr weekly below.

Finally I have magnified the pervious weekly basis chart to a 2 yr daily below.



Good speculating to you all and please remember to never forget that "an investor is a speculator who made a mistake and will not admit it".


Open Positions:
Long 1 unit Direxion Large Cap 3X Bear ticker BGZ @ $19.34
Long 2 units Direxion Small Cap 3X Bear ticker TZA @ $60.30
Long 1 unit Direxion Emerging Mkts 3X Bear ticker EDZ @ $60.50
Long 2 units Direxion Financial 3X Bear ticker FAZ @ $19.65
Long 2 units Ultrashort Xinhua China ticker FXP @ $42.45
Long 1 unit Ultrashort Real Estate ticker SRS @ $49.10
Long 2 units Direxion Tech 3X Bear ticker TYP @ $52.60
Long 1 unit US Dollar Bull ticker UUP @ $22.52 stop @ $22.52
Long 1 unit ishares Barclays 20yr Treas ticker TLT @ 92.15 stop @ $92.15
Long 1 unit ishares Barclays 20yr Treas ticker TLT @ 93.48 stop @ $93.48
Short 1 unit Bank of Nova Scotia ticker BNS @ $51.65 stop @ $53.41

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it time to change the title of the blog to prudent investing? You say an investor is a speculator who made a mistake and will not admit it yet you are 50% underwater in your leveraged inverse etfs and still hold them. Where's the stop, $0?

Lethal said...

Dear Prudence, (sorry for the poetic licence)

I follow you every day, but I do not always understand what you are telling me. I'm afraid that I am not that sophisticated yet.

Can you please provide just a little more explanation of your thoughts to improve my understanding?

Thanks,

Harleydog said...

Anon,

thx for the advice, I will run it by the Blog's board of directors and see if we can get it tabled for a vote. Wlll get back to you asap! Continued success to you.

HD

Harleydog said...

Lethal,

First up thx for reading and taking time to drop me a note. Much appreciated.

I will keep ur comments in mind when hitting an issue.You can always click on the archive by symbol section for more background on something.

Pls make sure you watch the movie The Sting, with Redford and Newman, it is req'd viewing to survive on Wall. St.

HD