Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Atlas Shrugged, Here and Now.

Last week my wife and I went to see the movie of the ever popular book Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. I urge you to read the book but given most will not then simply see this movie. If you still decide to pass on this as well then maybe you can take a peek at the following article US Effort to Remove Drug CEO Jolts Firms so you can get an idea of what Ms. Rand was talking about.

Does the story on Forest Labs remind anyone of the recent episode in history where auto dealerships were closed? While we're on the topic has anyone ever get a look at what the criteria was for those dealership closings? Hmmm.

Maybe Wesley Mouch, I meant to say Steve Rattner simply come up with that list from Bureau of Economic Planning and National Resources meeting?

Gee, ya think Ayn Rand knew a thing or two regarding totalitarianism? Oligarchies? Or how about plain ol' economic idiocy?

I hope all my readers had a safe and joyous Easter holiday with their loved ones.

2 comments:

Atlanta Roofing said...

Actually I am surprised you enjoyed it without having read the book. To be honest, I would actually recommend against seeing the movie if one has not read the book. Yes the book is a difficult read as you can't read it as you would a mass market paperback. In order to understand Atlas Shrugged, the book must essentially be studied.

Harleydog said...

Atl Roof,

Sorry for the confusion. I have indeed read the book, twice to be precise. My comment was;

"I urge you to read the book but given most will not then simply see this movie."

Just my opinion that most would rather view than read. For those that want it, you need to look for it in the fiction part. Oh, the irony of that!

thx for the comment, much appreciated.
HD