Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Something To Think About

Sometimes you come across something that really sets you aback. Yesterday was one of these times. I stumbled upon it, as I do most things in my life, at Rick Ackerman's site Ricks Picks in a guest commentary as Rick calls them. The piece was by a Wayne Razzi entitled So What Are You Going To Do About It?

I have come across numerous quotes from different eras in history that many have tried, often very successfully, to apply to todays circumstances. But this is no ordinary quote. This quote, for me, felt like a ball peen hammer squarely between the eyes. The quote is from French economist Frederic Bastiat and is as follows:

When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it.”


I have not come across a more succinct, to the point statement of fact such as this up until now. Anyway, it is something I have been thinking about. Much thanks to Rick and Wayne for sharing this, very much appreciated.

No comments: